Short history of Nowy Port / Neufahrwasser



At the beginning, Nowy Port was a part of Oliva's property. it was incorporated to Gdansk in 1807. As a result of increasing number of trade goods, port at the mouth of Vistula river was enlaged. The houses for workers were built around the port.

The lighthouse in Nowy Port was built in 1894, it hac 27,3 m and is the monument of architecture.



Neufahrwasser in 1783.

Neufahrwasser in 1908.

Neufahrwasser in 1920.